Eldridge Genealogy World Wide
This study is limited to people with an Eldridge surname, including variations,
spouses and children with an Eldridge mother or step mother.
The contents are a work in progress and all details
are under constant revision. Some of the detail is
based on assumptions and much of the early family detail is speculative.
Years shown are the date of the event or the year the event was recorded.
All contributions of information gratefully accepted. Please contact the
for further information.
The detail in these Family Lists has been
collated from records of Births, Baptisms, Marriages, Deaths, Burials and
from other publicly accessible records and from private sources.
Other researchers who have provided initial assistance are
Details of Eldridge Migration listing,
in date order, known families and individuals, including females with an Eldridge
maiden surname., The ship, arrival date, State and details of the individuals
are shown where known. Individuals in Descendant Lists are linked to the list
where their details are shown.
Family History Group
- The offspring of a couple. They are brothers and sisters where both
parents are the same.
A parents existing children are step brothers and sisters to any
existing children of a new partner and half brothers and sisters
to any new children of that couple.
- The parent of a persons mother or father.
- Aunt or Uncle
- The sister or brother (respectively) of a persons parent.
- First Cousins
- The son or daughter of an uncle or aunt. First cousins are people of
the same generation with common grandparents. Generally just referred to
- Second Cousins
- Are the children of two first cousins i.e. the child of one
cousin relative to the child of another cousin. The children of two
second cousins are third cousins and so on.
- Removed Cousins
- Are from different generations. A first cousins child is a persons
first cousin once removed.
A first cousins grandchild is a persons
first cousin twice removed.
To find the relationship between two people first find a common ancestor.
Then count the number of generations separating each person from the
common ancestor. If the two numbers are the same then the order of
cousinhood is one less than that number. If the numbers are not equal
then the order is one less than the smaller number and the degree of
removal is the difference between the two numbers.
- The people from whom a person is descended.
This page shows 5 generations of the ancestors of
Robert George Eldridge, the author of Eldridge Genealogy World Wide, based
on DNA testing.
The assistance of the following people has allowed me to extend my
original research to a great extent and I acknowledge their invaluable help.
Additional material obtained from published works is used with permission.
- Raymond E. Shurmer and William D. Morrison
- Extensive research into the Eldridge and related families in
England and Australia.
- Kenneth G. Eldridge
- Author and publisher of From Battle to Bankstown and Beyond
... the story of James and Philadelphia Eldridge. Published October
1997 ISBN 0-646-339508.
- Gifford A. Levot
- Ancestors and descendants of the "Hill End" Eldridge line.
- Patricia Roberts
- Author and publisher of Eldridge Was Their Name Published
1998 ISBN 0-646-34954-6.
- Douglas J. Eldridge
- The descendants of Edward Eldridge and in particular the QLD
descendents of Charles Leonard Eldridge.
- Michael J. Eldridge
- The descendants of William Eldridge 1759-1838.
- Beverley L. Weston
- The siblings and ancestors of Edward Riach Geary.
- Kay Williams and Sue Meehan
- Early Meehan and related family detail and contemporary Meehan
- Margery Schoots and Dale Watts
- The descendents of Daniel Eldridge and Ann Goble.
- Lynn Eldridge
- The descendents of Thomas Eldridge and Maria Lewis Ingram.
- Other assistance
- Helen Eldridge, Milton and Una Geary, Olive Stringer,
Lyle B. Wright, Gregory J. Eldridge, Daphne I. Robinson, Tammy L. Stiles,
Joyce Deligios, Rebecca Jobes Gurney.
Please contact the author,
Robert G. Eldridge,
to advise of corrections and additions.
More detailed information is available on request.
| Copyright © Robert G. Eldridge, Toronto, NSW, Australia.